Calgary Epoxy Flooring Experts
AK Concrete Design offers unique epoxy floor coating ideas, innovative designs, surface preparation services and installation of the proper floor systems for your specific application.
We specialize in high performance coatings for residential, commercial and industrial settings, offering a variety of coatings perfect for basements, restaurants, garages, automotive shops, showrooms and many additional high-traffic areas.
We offer budget-friendly, simple, one-coat applications for flooring as well as the popular four-coat metallic epoxy coating — and everything in between.
Epoxy Flooring Coating Process
We start by diamond grinding the slab to open up the pores of the concrete, allowing the coating to bleed into the slab — creating a permanent bond.
Next, we fill any cracks and do any patch work required. Once the slab is prepped, we apply a water-based epoxy that acts as a primer and vapor barrier. This ensures moisture will not affect the coating.
Then we can apply a pigmented or clear coat of epoxy to the desired effect, we then top coat the floor with a polyurethane or polyaspartic coating depending on the amount of traffic the floor may see.
Due to our ability to keep a clean work environment during the preparation and installation process, AK Concrete Design has a very high success rate with minimal contamination issues, which results in a smoother floor.
Benefits of Epoxy Flooring
- Complete project customization
- Affordable, cost-effective and low maintenance compared to alternative products
- Extreme durability for high-traffic areas – can even withstand vehicular traffic
- Will not stain like tile grout or carpeting
- Available in matte or high gloss
- Quick installation time – days, not weeks like other flooring products
- Very low to no VOCs and environmentally friendly options
- Higher value over the life of the floor than traditional flooring products
- Can be installed pre or post construction